People had a go at the fiendishly difficult and soon to be infamous NUDGE quiz at today’s Open Day – with a box of Maltesers as a prize on the day!
Do you fancy a go? Send me your answers and the first past the post will get a prize (at some point!)
Here it is:
1. What is the name of the “vital energy” Chinese acupuncturists move around the body by inserting needles?
2. How old is Chinese Medicine thought to be?
100 years old
1000 years old
2000 years old
5000 years old
3. Traditional Chinese acupuncturists who are treating patients in the West should be full members of the British Acupuncture Council. What is the minimum length of time they must have trained?
4. The World Health Organisation (WHO) reviewed all the clinical trials for acupuncture and listed a number of conditions that acupuncture can treat effectively. How many?
5. Which of these were included in the WHO list of conditions for which acupuncture is effective?
Colic, depression, dysentery, Ebola, neck pain, malposition of the foetus, rhinitis, period pains, rheumatoid arthritis, sciatica, tennis elbow, hypertension, depression.
6. The idea that there is a network of invisible pathways called “channels” spanning our whole body has always been an integral part of theory of Chinese Medicine. How many main channels are there?
7. Acupuncture needles are inserted into points that often occur at prominences or indentations along the pathways. How many points are there on the body?
Too many to count
8. Chinese Medicine makes a strong link between emotional patterns and disease. We understand that certain emotions are particularly linked to certain channels. Which emotion matches which channel?
Anger, Grief, Fear, Worry, Joy
Liver, Heart, Lung, Spleen, Kidney
9. Name the two fundamental forces of the universe – one meaning the ‘sunny side of the hill’ and the other ‘the shady side of the hill’. And what are the four characteristics that explain their dynamic interaction?
10. ‘The Yellow Emperor’s Classic of Internal Medicine’ was completed around 200 BC by many authors. But to give it added weight they attributed it to a leader who reigned more than 2000 years before that. What are the two composite books called in Chinese?