Man Dan-Yang was a practitioner of Daoism in the 12th century. As a young man he developed great skill in acupuncture and moxibustion (Zhen Jiu 针灸). He left behind an ode to 12 miraculous acu-points, today known as Man Dan-Yang Acupuncture. I thought readers might enjoy finding out about where we get our expertise.
This article presents Man Dan-Yang’s ode to the second acu-point, Neiting (ST 44)
内庭: Neiting “Inner Courtyard” ST44
Neiting (ST44), is on the outside of the second toe and belongs to foot Yangming. It can cure cold sensation in the four limbs, a preference for quietness and dislike of noise, skin rashes, sore throat, frequent yawning as well as toothache, and inability to eat (poor appetite)from deficiency. A needle here awakens. 
Notes: Neiting (ST 44) is the Ying (spring) acu-point of Foot Yangming. therefore it can be used to treat illnesses caused by Qi excess in Foot Yangming.
Neiting “Inner Courtyard” ST 44
- Treats 4 Limb Reversal (cold hands and feet)
- For liking quiet and disliking loud noise – disliking people talking
- Skin rashes – wind dormant papules (yin zhen)
- Sore Throat with swelling
- Poor appetite due to deficiency.
- Acid Regurgitation
- Febrile diseases
- All kinds of Stomach problems w/ ST 36
- Clears Heat from the Stomach Channel and Alleviates Pain
- Harmonizes the Intestines and Clears Damp Heat
- Calms the Spirit
 惺惺 (Xing Xing): In context can mean “clears away” the problems listed, or “clears the head” and awakens.
Nei Ting is located proximal to the margin of the web between the 2nd and 3rd toes. It is just distal and lateral to the 2nd metatarsal-phalangeal joint.